We are done with classes for the day. We heard some great ideas. They were mostly about how to bring back language and literature into the classroom and the need to remove fear and replace it with trust and thoughtfulness. It was inspiring. One of the best pieces of advice for me, as a fairly novice teacher, was that I cannot accomplish all that these world renowned educators can right now. I just need to add one thing a year to what I offer my students, and play to my passions and strengths. This is a little bit of a pressure reliever to someone who wants to be perfect at teaching all the time :) We are going to try again to do bbq and live music and to watch UA/ UCLA tonight. Go CATS!!
The pictures that I am posting are of me serenading the teacher convention, dentist convention and log cabin builders with my awesome musical skills! I also am inserting a couple pictures of waterfalls and flowers in our hotel. So beautiful! But I got to tell you...I miss the sun. So I am also adding a picture of me sticking my face in the window to enjoy the feel of the sun on my face. It felt so good. We are in a climate controlled area, with a greenhouse type roof. It just isn't enough sun for an Arizona girl. See y'all soon!!

No comments:
Post a Comment